CAR-T cell therapy is a form of immunotherapy that utilizes the body’s own T cells to target and destroy cancer cells. This therapy is a personalized form of treatment, meaning that each patient receives T cells that are geared specifically toward his or her cancer diagnosis. T-cell therapy works by removing existing T cells from a patient and having them grown and modified in a lab. These new T cells are given a gene for a specialized receptor, known as a chimeric antigen receptor (CAR), which allows the cells to specifically attack cancer cells. CAR-T cell therapy has shown effectiveness in eliminating cancer cells, especially for the following diseases:
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- DLBCL B-cell lymphomas
- Multiple myeloma
CAR-T Cell Therapy Market Review discusses CAR-T’s impressive revenue growth, which is expected to continue given the effectiveness of the therapy and the projected new users. There are positive factors for the market, though there are limits to growth. Patient volume should increase, though it is likely that the unusually large prices will not sustain over the next five years. The report provides the following market data:
- CAR-T Market, 2018-2024 ($millions)
- CAR-T Market Share, 2019 (%)
- CAR-T Market Regional Breakout, 2019 (%)
CAR-T Cell Therapy Market Review discusses CAR-T therapy market trends, issues, and recent developments, including the following:
- Global Cancer Burden
- Complexity of the CARs Manufacturing Process
- Diseases Treated with CAR-T
- Study Shows Yescarta Increases Longevity
- CRS and Other Side Effects
- China CAR-T Competition
- Indian CAR-T Competition
- “Off-the-Shelf” CAR-T Therapies in Development
- Competing Therapy in Development
Also noted in the report are selected CAR-T therapies in development, an effort to capture current media coverage of CAR-T trials.
CAR-T Cell Therapy Market Review notes the activities of many of the major players in the market. The market companies that are covered in the report are the following:
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Autolus Therapeutics plc
- Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- bluebird bio, Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- CARsgen Therapeutics
- Celgene Corporation
- Cellectis, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Immune Therapeutics
- Innovative Cellular Therapeutics
- Juno Therapeutics
- Kite Pharma, Inc.
- Mustang Bio
- Novartis International AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sorrento Therapeutics
- ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc.