This report, Kalorama’s Cell and Gene Deals and Market Analysis, tracks the dealmaking and market opportunity in cell and gene therapy. The report includes specific details of 1000+ deals from 2022-2023. A lot of attention is being given to the areas related to cell and gene therapy (CGT) recently. Kalorama’s CGT deals amounted to a staggering $40 billion in 2022. Understanding the deals that have been made, who is making them, and what the specific details are is critical to understanding how to take advantage of the market opportunity in one of the fastest-growing pharma markets.
Kalorama’s report is designed to provide companies entering or already in this market information on the deals that will shape future growth and competition.
The following is just some of the information in this report:
- Specific details of 1000+ Cell and Gene Therapy Deals from 2022-2023
- Venture Capital/Private Funding Round Amounts, By Quarter
- Chronological Trends Presented in Multiple Categories (VC, M&A, Other Areas)
- Deals by Type – Technology/Research/Strategic Collaboration; Venture Capital/Private Investment; Acquisition, Merger, Strategic Investment; Licensing; Public Offering/SPAC; Manufacturing, Supply Chain; Outreach, Philanthropy, Education; Distribution, Co-Marketing; Spinout, Restructure; Conclude/Terminate Deal; Joint Venture; and Settle Litigation
- Most Active Deal-Making Companies, by Type of Deal (Acquisition/Merger/ Strategic Investment, Overall Deals, Collaborations)
- Regional Breakdown of Dealmaking [North America, Europe, APAC, Rest of World] (%)
- Most Frequent Types of Deals, by Quarter, by Category [Technology/Research/Strategic Collaboration; Venture Capital/Private Investment; Acquisition, Merger, Strategic Investment; Licensing; Public Offering/SPAC; and Manufacturing, Supply Chain] (Total number)
- Estimated Market Forecasts for Cell and Gene Therapies by Type (Gene Therapy, Cell Therapy)
- Estimated Market Forecasts by Region (North America, EU, APAC, Other)
- Estimated Market Forecasts for CGT by Disease Category (Oncology, Other)
While the concepts of gene therapy and cell therapy have been investigated for decades, there were major challenges in the early years. Through incremental progress, and the gradual introduction of enabling tools such as CRISPR and next-generation sequencing (NGS), cell and gene therapy has emerged into a highly active area. There are now many approved therapies with proven track records.
As the new tools have lowered the barriers to entry for the industry, over 1,500 companies have been created or have become involved.