Kalorama Information’s report provides a comprehensive market analysis and business planning tool for the market for tests that are aligned with a pharmaceutical treatment. Especially in oncology, companion diagnostics are rising to the forefront of pharmaceutical development and treatment. Companion diagnostics increase the probability of clinical success by identifying patients with the presence of biomarkers or disease-specific therapeutic targets that can dramatically improve outcomes. Companion diagnostics can also decrease costs by identifying the patient population that will most likely benefit from the therapy and ruling out therapies that are not likely to be effective. But what is the market for these therapy/test combinations? And who is winning in the quest to develop them? How much will the market be in the future? What specific drugs are seeing test product approvals, and sales of those products? How has COVID-19 impacted the sector? This resource provides answers to these questions and more.
SENSE OF THE MARKET
- COVID-19 impacts on Companion Diagnostics- Where are We Now?
- Top Performing Targeted Therapies in Oncology with CDx Component, based on 2019 Sales
- FDA Cleared/Approved Companion Diagnostic Tests, 2010-2020
- Global In Vitro Companion Diagnostic (CDx) Market, 2019-2024 ($ millions)
- Global In Vitro Companion Diagnostic (CDx) Market by Region
- FDA changes in CDx regulation: Shifting to Drug Classification CDx Labeling
- FDA Approved Companion Diagnostics Labeled for Identifying Patients with NSCLC whose Tumors have EGFR Exon 19 Deletions or Exon 21 (L858R) Substitution – Mutations and the Associated Therapeutic Products Listed on the Companion Diagnostic Labels
- EU Companion Diagnostic Regulation Guidance
- Selected Companies offering Companion and Complementary Diagnostics for Autoimmune Disorder Therapies
- Selected Companies offering Companion and Complementary Diagnostics for Cardiology and Hematology Therapies
- Selected Companies offering Companion and Complementary Diagnostics for Infectious Disease Therapies Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) and COVID-19
- Selected Companies offering Companion and Complementary Diagnostics for Neurology Therapies, including Psychiatr
DEEP DIVES INTO THE CDX MARKET
- Estimated Value of Other (non-oncology) Companion Diagnostics by Cancer Type, Distribution 2019 (%)
- Distribution of Commercialized Targeted Therapies Revenues, using CDx by, Drug Class (Kinase Inhibitor, Monoclonal Antibody, Poly ADP Ribose Polymerase Inhibitor, Apoptosis Inducer, PI3K Inhibitor, Other)
- Market Value of Commercialized Targeted Therapies compared to Companion Diagnostic Market Value, 2015-2019 Dx Approvals (PMAs) by Technique, 2010-2020
- FDA Approved Companion Dx by Technique (IHC, PCR, FISH, NGS) and Year
- Global CDx Market by Region (US, EU, Asia, ROW), 2019-2024
The emergence of new technology has opened doors for companion diagnostic research, discovery, development and commercialization. This has resulted in a huge increase in exploratory studies, diagnostic developments, and clinical usefulness in the pursuit of personalized medicine. Companion diagnostics and biomarkers provide insight into understanding disease processes and ways that medicines can work to counteract the disease. Novel biomarkers and subsequent companion diagnostics have the potential to transform the current healthcare model from a one-size-fits-all approach to a personalized approach
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Agilent Technologies Inc./Dako
- Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- Guardant Health, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Qiagen N.V.
- Roche Diagnostics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
The entire medical industry is in transition. The number of elderly individuals is increasing, leading to a higher demand for new and better medical technology products. However, governments are trying to limit and lower public health care costs by instituting restrictions and in a more recent example, a planned health system reform in the United States. The main goals of this reform are cost savings and increased efficiency. This is where companion diagnostics can be important to the delivery of care.
This report provides a tool for understanding that market, and is one of Kalorama Information’s most popular report topics.