What’s Driving Growth in the IVD Market in Q3 and the last half of 2022?
What Major Trends are Affecting the Market in Q3 and the last half of 2022?
How Has COVID-19 Impacted and Continued to Impact the Market in Q3 and the last half of 2022?
What Product Trends and New Developments Will Shape the IVD Market in the last half of 2022?
Diagnostic test products have never been more important. This report is an update of the market for in vitro diagnostics products from Kalorama’s analysts to reflect the latest information as of Q3 2022 with a publication date of November 2022.
The demand for testing and movement of current and new technologies has continued to demonstrate gains in most areas of the IVD market. New products, changes in global health spending, regulatory changes in major markets and disease trends are among the factors that produce a constantly evolving market picture. There are some growing segments in the market that have attracted industry attention. Among these are next-generation sequencing (NGS), personalized medicine and mass spectrometry. Immunochemistry, point-of-care (POC) testing, and molecular diagnostics are also segments of great market interest, anticipated to be a core part of the future of IVD. The IVD market remains dynamic, demonstrating constant innovations.
Kalorama Information continues to be diligent in outlining the IVD market and its rapidly changing landscape. Kalorama Information has been and continues to be superior in accessing the market due to the extensive experience of its authors and commitment by the company to present the most accurate data available.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Worldwide IVD Market – November 2022 Update
IVD Market Demand and Growth
- Figure 1-1: Quarter-by-Quarter Segment Performance Commentary, 2022
- Table 1-1: Global In Vitro Diagnostic Sales by Product Market, 2022 ($ million) (Clinical Chemistry; Immunoassays – non isotopic: Infectious disease, Other immunos, Blood bank screening, Drugs of Abuse, Diabetes HbA1c – lab; Hematology – Core Lab; Microbiology (ID/AST); Microbiology (molecular); Microbiology – Mass Spectrometry; Coagulation (PT/INR); Coagulation, molecular; Histology/cytology; HPV, molecular; Nucleic acid assays; Blood grouping/typing; Blood bank molecular – NAT Screens; Circulating tumor cells; POC, OTC diabetes; POC, OTC other; POC, professional/hospital; Mass Spectrometry; Other IVD)
- Figure 1-2: IVD Segment Performance, Q1 2022 – Q4 2022e ($MN)
- Figure 1-3: IVD Segment Performance, Total Market Value, 2022 ($MN)
COVID-19 Diagnostic Markets
- Table 1-2: COVID-19 Product Sales — Immunoassay (Antigen, Serology), Molecular, Rapid — 2022 ($ millions)
Effect of COVID-19 on Market Segments
- Table 1-3: IVD Market excluding and with COVID-19, 2022
- Figure 1-4: IVD Market Distribution by Segment, 2022
- Figure 1-5: IVD Market by COVID-19 and non-COVID markets, Quarterly Performance, 2022
- Table 1-4: Global In Vitro Diagnostic Market – YoY Growth 2021-2022
- Figure 1-6: Global In Vitro Diagnostic Market – YoY Growth 2021-2022
Chapter 2: Product Trends and New Developments
Selected New – Q3 2022 – Core IVD Product Launches, Developments and Trends
Selected COVID-19 Developments – Q3 2022
- Figure 2-1: COVID-19 Test Market by Type, Q1-Q3 2022 – COVID-19 Testing Wanes
Chapter 3: Top IVD Market Participant Results
Selected Competitive Leader Updates
- Figure 3-1: IVD Segment Growth by Leading Competitors, Change in Sales 2021-2022
- Figure 3-2: Changes in Market Distribution for IVD Sales, 2019 – 2022 – Roche and Abbott Battle for #1 Spot
- Figure 3-3: Comparison of Total Diagnostic Sales for Abbott vs Roche 2020-2022 (in millions $)
Q3 M&A Activity
- Table 3-1: IVD-Relevant M&A Activity, 2022
- Figure 3-4: Count of IVD Industry M&A Deals by Month, 2022
- Table 3-2: Abbott Corporate Summary
Becton Dickinson and Co
- Table 3-3: Becton Dickinson Corporate Summary
- Table 3-4: bioMérieux Corporate Summary
- Table 3-5: Danaher Corporation Summary
- Table 3-6: Hologic Corporate Summary
- Table 3-7: QuidelOrtho Corporate Summary
- Table 3-8: Roche Diagnostic Corporate Summary
- Table 3-9: Siemens Healthineers Corporate Summary
- Table 3-10: Sysmex Corporate Summary
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Table 3-11: Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Summary
Chapter 4: New Opportunities
Artificial Intelligence Future Trends
Microfluidics in IVD