The U.S. market dominates the IVD industry AND remains the core geographical IVD market in the world. Yet this major multi-billion-dollar IVD market is in a state of flux, trying to manage a myriad of issues, all of which collide with a huge system that costs more than any other in the world.
This latest report from Kalorama Information, United States Market for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Tests, 4th Edition, discusses the trends shaping the present and future of the IVD market in America, including an aging population and the lingering impact of COVID-19 for the foreseeable future. The report discusses the following IVD market segments in the United States:
- Clinical Chemistry
- Microbiology (Traditional) – Identification and Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (ID/AST)
- Microbiology – Molecular- Infectious Disease
- Point-of-Care (POC) Tests – Diabetes
- Point-of-Care (POC) Tests – All Other
- Immunoassays – Infectious Disease (non-POC)
- Immunoassays – Other
- Molecular – Non-infectious Disease
- Coagulation (non-POC)
- Blood Testing and Typing
In addition, the report profiles the top players in the U.S. IVD market. The profiles cover notable corporate events and developments from recent years. Featured companies include:
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. / Danaher
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Cepheid / Danaher
- Danaher Corporation
- Exact Sciences
- Hologic, Inc.
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (QuidelOrtho)
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Quidel Corporation (QuidelOrtho)
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers (Siemens)
- Sysmex Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.