The wound care market requires constant innovation and scientific research is ongoing to find ways of improving healing outcomes in all types of wounds.The wound care industry is an incredibly diverse and highly competitive arena that is ever-changing. Kalorama Information feels that the market will continue to expand over the long term due to an aging population, longer life expectancies, and an increasing number of sicker patients across all care settings.
This Kalorama Information report, World Wound Care Markets, is the latest edition of Kalorama’s comprehensive look at markets for wound care products in skin ulcer, burn, and surgical/trauma applications. Included in this report:
- World Wound Care Current Market Size and Forecast
- Regional Breakout of World Wound Care Market (Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Canada, China, India, Brazil, Japan, United States, Rest of World)
- Competitor Market Share
- Revenues by Application (Skin Ulcers, Burns, Surgical/Trauma)
- Wound Closure Market Revenue Percentage by Segment (Collagen Sealants, Staples, Adhesives, Sutures)
- Wound Management Revenue Percentage by Product Segment (Debridement, Gauze, Tapes, Bandages, Wound Cleansers, Anti-Infectives)
- Moist Dressings Revenue Percentage by Product Segment (Foams, Alginates, Film, Hyrdrogel, Hydrocolloid)
- Biological Dressings Revenue Percentage by Product Segment (Collagen, Artificial Skin, Growth Factors)
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Market Estimates
- Pressure Relief Products Market Estimate
- Issues and Trends in the Industry
- Description of Products
- Profiles of Competitors
In the short term, there will be more ebb and flow in the industry due to changes in reimbursement, contract bidding Patients have more complex coexisting illnesses such as diabetes, heart failure, obesity, pulmonary and vascular diseases, immobility issues and chronic wounds. These factors are all influenced by future demographic trends, economic uncertainty, the impact of health care reform, increasing numbers of uninsured patients, reimbursement pressures from third party payers, continuing shortage of nurses and physicians and increasing technology and supply costs.
The following companies are profiled in the report:
- Advanced BioHealing
- Baxter BioScience
- Coloplast A/S
- Covidien, Ltd.
- Derma Sciences
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Healthpoint Biotherapeutics
- Hill-Rom Company, Inc.
- Hollister Wound Care LLC
- Johnson & Johnson
- Lohmann and Rauscher GmbH
- Kensey Nash Corporation
- Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
- Medline Industries
- MoInlycke HealthCare
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew, plc
- Systagenix Wound Management
The aging of the population and continued advances in biotechnology drive the wound care industry. As a result of the growing population of the elderly, healthcare systems are challenged to treat rising incidences of complex diseases and conditions. Patients are being moved through the hospital faster putting more pressure on caregivers across all care settings and increasing the need for more sophisticated means to care for these patients. The following are the industry developments covered in this report:
- World Demographics
- Honey Treatment
- Healthcare System and Reimbursement by Country
- Electronic Medical Records
- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Use in Wound Care
- Telemedicine and Wound Care
- Vitamin D
- APPs for Wound Care
- Obesity and Wound Healing
- Regulatory Issues
- Non-Payment Events
- Evidence-Based Wound Care
- Silver Toxicity
- Home Care
- Wound Care Products in Development
- Wound Care Clinics
The worldwide wound care market is based on total manufacturers’ revenues. The information and analysis presented in this report are based on extensive surveys of senior management in the wound care market. Background information was obtained from a comprehensive search of published literature and reports obtained from various government, business, medical trade, and international journals. Key information from published literature was used to conduct over 40 interviews with industry executives and product managers to validate and obtain expert opinion on current and future trends in the wound care industry. Interviews were also used to confirm and/or adjust market size and market share estimates, as well as in formulating market projections.