China’s rapid economic development and the numerous steps of reform undertaken by the Chinese central government since 1997 have had clear and observable effects upon China’s total healthcare services market and its product markets for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and in vitro diagnostics (IVD). This progress has been augmented by a Reform program in 2009, which includes increased funding to improve services.
What are the workings of China’s healthcare system? How much progress has been made towards the promised vision of the CPCC in 2008 to provide “convenient and affordable access” to its people? What are the effects on foreign companies seeking to benefit from an increase in healthcare-related funding? Where are the best opportunities in China for marketers? Kalorama analyst Emil Salazar focuses on these questions and more.
The report contains a comprehensive overview of the Chinese healthcare system with important data for marketers to China. It discusses healthcare reform plans and where funds were spent. It also describes the role foreign companies play. As part of its analysis, the report includes the following information:
• Statistics on Chinese Hospitals, Community Health Centers and Clinics
• Top and Bottom City Markets for Urban Healthcare
• Top and Bottom Rural Regions
• Challenges for Foreign-Owned MNCs in China
• Government Healthcare Spending
• Foreign-Invested Manufacturing Enterprises in China
• Share of Government Funded Healthcare vs. Out of Pocket
• Domestic Healthcare Industries
• Population and Age Statistics
• Incidence Rates for Infectious Diseases
• Cancer Rates in China
• Regulation of Drugs and Devices in China
• U.S. Product Exports to China
• Key Analyst Conclusions
In addition to providing useful background information and a thorough analysis of China’s healthcare changes, the report provides data for business planning. It also takes a look at the status and forecast of the three key healthcare markets in China:
• The Chinese Market for IVD products
• Regional Breakout of the Chinese IVD Market (Eastern, Northern, Central, Southern, Southwestern, Northwestern, Northeastern)
• The Chinese Market for Medical Device Products
• Regional Breakout of the Chinese Medical Device Market (Eastern, Northern, Central, Southern, Southwestern, Northwestern, Northeastern)
• Segment Breakout of the Chinese Medical Device Market(Surgical Instrument, Disposable, Patient Monitoring, IVD, Imaging, Orthopedic, Other)
• The Chinese Market for Pharmaceutical Products
• Regional Breakout of the Pharmaceutical Market(Eastern, Northern, Central, Southern, Southwestern, Northwestern, Northeastern)
• Segment Breakout of the Pharmaceutical Market (Cardiovascular, Gastrointestinal, Anti-Infectives, Neurotherapeutics, Oncology, Respiratory, Other)
This essential resource for anyone marketing a healthcare product to China was constructed using a combination of primary and secondary sources. Corporate reports, trade publications government information and medical journals, previous market research studies conducted by Kalorama and other sources were used. In some cases, interviews were used to determine forecasts and key trends.
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price, which limits access to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that will be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.
For Kalorama’s take on the healthcare news of the week, based on our analysis of healthcare markets, follow Kalorama Information’s Key Point Blog at http://kaloramakeypoint.blogspot.com/