This Kalorama Information report – The Global Handheld Healthcare Device Market – focuses on two primary segments of healthcare IT:
- Patient Monitoring Devices,
- Blood pressure devices
- Pulse oximeters
- ECG/EKG monitors
- Diabetes insulin monitors
- Prothrombin time monitors
- Fetal heart monitors
- Administrative Devices, including:
- Tablet PCs
- Inventory/Medication Management Scanners
Handheld patient monitoring devices include a wide range of products which provide the benefits of diagnosing, consulting, monitoring and treating patients.
Handheld administrative devices include products to streamline healthcare workflow and improve efficiency—patient care. Namely these products include PDAs, tablet PCs and inventory/medication scanners.
As part of its detailed coverage of the market for handhelds in healthcare, the report includes:
- Global Market size and Forecast of Handheld Device Segments
- Geographic breakdown (US, Europe, Japan, Rest of Asia, Rest of World) of Market Size for Patient Monitoring and Administrative Devices
- The Role of EMR and Electronic Prescription
- Possible Growth Inhibitors
- Cloud Technology Role
- Description of Healthcare Handhelds on the Market
- Detailed Profiles of Major Companies
- Physician and Hospital Statistics: Usage and Purchasing
- Discussion of Implementation of Handhelds and Cost and Effectiveness of Their Use
- Hospital Goals and Results
The information for this report was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical, information technology and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary method of gathering primary information. For the purpose of this study Kalorama Information conducted interviews with more than 50 key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel.
These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Specific interviews with IT company representatives included marketing directors, division managers, and product representatives.
As part of this report’s coverage, the following companies are profiled:
- Draeger Medical
- GE Healthcare
- Global Media
- Hewlett Packard
- Research In Motion
- Siemens Healthcare
- Socket Mobile
- Welch Allyn
All market data pertains to the world market at the manufacturers’ level. The base year for data was 2009. Historical data was provided for the years 2007 and 2008, with forecast data provided for 2010 through 2014. Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for the 2007-2010, 2007-2014 and 2010-2014 periods for each market segment covered. The forecasted market analysis for 2010-2014 was highly influenced by the uptake of new technologies in the health industry, government incentives and requirements, product marketing, and demographic trends.