Since the arrival of drug-eluting (called drug-eluding by some) technology a few years ago with the promise of reducing restenosis, questions abound surrounding the future of the stent market: After numerous clinical studies and mixed cost-effectiveness results, how is drug-eluding technology expected to peform in the future? What can companies do to best market this technology in the healthcare system of the US and 6 other major world markets? What are the market trends to watch that will determine growth in this field in the coming years? What companies have already established a leadership position in stents and what do start ups have to do to join them? Major World Markets for Stents and The Economics of Drug Eluding Technology, written by Kalorama Analyst Dr. Kenneth Krul, takes a hard look at these questions with economic analysis unmatched by any resource.
The field of drug-eluting stents remains an exciting technological innovation that will be a major part of cardiovascular intervention technologies over the next ten years. This report provides a complete market assessment for coronary stents broadly, with emphasis on the economics of drug-eluting stents. Markets sizes and forecasts are divided in two product segments:
Bare Metal (BMS)
- Drug Eluding Stents (DES)
As a world market analysis, the report covers markets in the following countries:
This report considers the options that the current technologies present, the progress that is being made in these fields, and the reception these new products are likely to experience in the marketplace. In its brief lifetime (BMSs having only emerged fully in the mid-1990s), the field of coronary stents has shown that it can hold many surprises. Among the information in this complete survey of the coronary stent market, the report contains:
- Discussion of Restenosis and its Implications
- Major World Market Size for BMS and DES
- Statistics Driving Stent Usage
- Forecasts in Major World Markets to 2012
- The Economic Case for Drug-Eluting Stent Technologies and Applications
- Successful Marketing Strategies
- Profiles of Key Stent Companies
- Most Favorable Markets for Stent Manufacturers
- Nine Strategic Conclusions Essential to The MarketThe analysis presented in this report is based on data from a combination of company, government, industrial, institutional and private sources. It includes information from extensive literature reviews, as well as interviews and discussions with experts in the field, including experts in cardiology and cardiac surgery, as well as pathologists, public health experts, research scientists, and business development and marketing managers engaged in the field.