Offshoring of clinical trials is increasing as companies in the U.S. are finding challenges in clinical trial research ranging from cost, patient recruitment, patient compliance during participation, qualified professionals, new clinical trial patients, and other problems. This provides an opportunity for BRIC countries and other developing regions to grab a piece of the clinical trial market.
Countries such as India and China have a vast population who are interested in taking part in clinical trial research, and these regions can often produce the required number of participants in half the time, with better compliance and less costly medical professionals. Brazil and Mexico are increasingly important region, and Israel has emerged as a player in this market.
Kalorama’s Offshoring Clinical Trials: (Clinical Trial Markets in India, China, Mexico, Brazil and Israel) takes a thorough look at this market in these five important countries:
For each country profiled, the report includes the following information:
- Total Clinical Trials Revenues
- for Country
- Number of Clinical Trials for Each Country
- Clinical Trials Markets by Major City
- Breakdown of Trials by Disease Category for each Country and Major Cities
- Market Drivers and Inhibitors for each country.
- Population and Disease statistics.
- Profiles of Key Companies operating in that Country
An overview of the trends driving the offshoring of clinical trials and future possiblities in BRIC and Israel is also included. The report addresses the following trends:
- Evolving Regulatory Environments
- Government Support of Clinical Research
- Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Import/Export Restrictions
- Economic Conditions
- Structure of Public Health Systems
- Country Literacy Rates
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Large Populations
This report combines extensive secondary research into the clinical trials markets with interviews with market leaders. For the purpose of this study Kalorama Information conducted interviews with more than 30 key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue in this report.
Profiles for active companies in each region are included. Several hundred companies compete worldwide for clinical trial research contracts. These companies consist of large pharmaceutical companies, niche drug developers and marketers and contract research organizations (CROs).
Company profiles included in the study are:
- AAIPharma, Inc.
- Accell Clinical Research, LLC
- Accutest Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- Cato Research Israel
- ClinInvent Research Pvt. Ltd.
- Criterium, Inc.
- GleneaglesCRC Pte Ltd
- Hesperion Russia
- InnoPharm Ltd.
- LAXAI India Pvt. Ltd.
- Manipal Acunova Ltd.
- PharmaSeed Ltd.
- PHDS Healthcare Research
- ProMedica Clinical Research LLC
- Quintiles Asia, Inc.
- SIRO Clinpharm Pvt. Ltd.