Since the advent of LASIK nearly two decades ago, refractive vision correction remains a vibrant market impacted by technology. Kalorama’s market analysis takes a look at the entire market for non-disease eye treatment procedures. Complete coverage of the vision correction market, including the correction of conditions such as myopia (nearsightedness), presbyobia (an inibility to focus), astigmatism and hyperopia or far-sightedness.
Areas of the market covered in the report include:
- LASIK Equipment Sales
- Bladeless LASIK
- Spacers and RVC Alternatives
- Phakic Intraocular Lens Implants (IOLs)
- Services and Fees.
As part of Kalorama’s analysis this market is broken down. Included as part of the report is:
- RVC Revenues by Service (LASIK, Fees, Spacers, Lens Implants) and Forecasts to 2009
- Breakdown of Services by Provider (Optometrists, Eye Clinics, Vision Care Center, Ophthalmologists and Others)
- Current Procedures and Forecasts by Condition (Myopia, Presbyopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Market Share of Key Competitors in RVC, 2006 and 2009.
- Market Share of Key Competitors in IOL Lens Implants, 2006 and 2009
Companies discussed in this report include:
- Advanced Medical Optics
- STAAR Surgical
- Bausch and Lomb
- Nidek Technologies
- Intra Lase
Market data for Refractive Vision Correction is based on information published in Kalorama’s 2006 Advances in Ophthalmology report. 2006 data are estimates and forecasts to 2009 are based on government health data and interviews with vision correction industry experts interviewed for that report.