2008 has seen no decrease in attention on wound care products. The aging of the population and a constant demand for products that speed healing and improve outcomes drives the wound care industry. For market watchers, this makes for a dynamic market that has changed in recent years with biological developments.
Kalorama Information’s analyst Mary Ann Crandall has reviewed the Wound Care Industry in several editions of wound care market reports and has participated in industry panels. Kalorama Information’s three-volume Wound Care Markets series examined three segments of wound care – skin ulcers, burns, surgical trauma. World Wound Care Markets 2008 takes an all-encompassing view of the wound care market, providing:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts
- Revenue Breakout for Skin Ulcer Wound, Burn Wound and Surgical/Trauma Wound Segments
- Regional Market Share for US, Europe Asia, and Rest of World
- Issues and Trends in the Industry
- Discussion of Products in Development
- Market Share for Major Wound Care Companies
- Key Company Profiles
- Directory of Companies in the Industry For Research and Marketing Lists
As part of coverage of wound care markets, the report overviews key treatments and important new developing treatments in wound care today. While revenues are provided only for the major categories of wound care in 2008 (skin ulcers, burns, surgical and trauma), the following products are discussed in this study:
- Compression and Composite Dressings
- Staplers and Staples
- Tissue Adhesives, Sealants and Glues
- Dry Dressings
- Foam Dressings
- Artificial Skin
- Growth Factors
- Pressure Relief
- Electrical Stimulation
- Electromagnetic Therapy Device
- Oxygen and Hyperbaric Oxygen
- Whirlpool Therapy
- Low Intensity Laser Therapy
As with all Kalorama reports, this report is the result of interviews with executives and market experts, as well as thorough research into company, trade publications and medical literature. The emphasis Kalorama puts on primary research guarantees that new insights will be uncovered unavailable from any other source.
Companies profiled include:
- 3M Health Care
- Advanced BioHealing
- Carrington Laboratories, Inc.
- ConvaTec, Ltd.
- Derma Sciences
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Healthpoint, Ltd.
- Hill-Rom Company, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
- Medline Industries
- Molnlycke HealthCare
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew, plc
For a detailed examination of individual wound care segments (Burns, Skin ulcers, Surgical/trauma) Interested researchers may want to look at Kalorama Information’s three-volume Wound Care Market Series, with revenues at the product category level (hydrogels, foam dressing, artifical skin, collagen, etc.). Vol. I: Skin Ulcers (KLI1399483), Vol. II: Burns (KLI1399490) and Vol. III: Surgical and Trauma (KLI1399493).