Fueled by the aging population in the US, Europe and Japan, blood markets have shown continued growth and should continue to do so near-term. There are many aspects to the blood market: blood products, testing, blood equipment, and synthetic products.
In one volume, a single comprehensive evaluation Kalorama Information’s Blood: The Worldwide Market for Blood Products, Blood Testing, Blood Equipment, and Synthetic Blood Products of the blood industry provides an analysis of all the key market segments involved in this industry, including products, equipment and testing.
Blood products covered in the report include:
- Red Blood Cells (RBCs)
- Other Plasma Products
- Synthetic HBOC and PFC Agents
- Recombinant Factors
Blood equipment revenues and forecasts are provided for:
- Blood Collection Equipment
- Automated Blood Collection Equipment
Testing markets covered include:
- Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Testing
- Blood Typing
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing
- Hepatitis A Virus Testing
- Hepatitis B Virus Testing
- Hepatitis C Virus Testing
- Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus Testing
- West Nile Virus Testing
- Other Safety Testing
In addition to complete market data, including forecasts to 2012, the study reports:
- Product demand estimates by region
- Collection and transfusion estimates
- High-blood-loss procedure estimates
- Product pricing
- Reimbursement rates
- Epidemiology of key conditions requiring blood products
- Products on the market and in development
The report also provides discussions of the key trends, as well as the regulatory, business, and clinical challenges facing the various sectors; profiles of 23 major players in the industry are included.
Historical information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports and filings, government documents, legal filings, trade journals, newspapers and business press, analysts’ reports and other sources. Primary interviews and correspondence with company representatives were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis.