The current population of India is 1.065 billion, and with a growth rate of 1.7%, India will surpass China to become the world’s largest country around 2030. For diagnostic manufacturers, this enormous market is just now being recognized as a high-growth area as the pace of economic growth in India accelerates and modern laboratory practices become established.
This comprehensive report on the market for clinical in vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests in India covers both reagent and instrumentation markets for the following IVD sectors:
- Routine Chemistry
- Critical Care Chemistry
- Molecular Testing
The report details all the critical market data in each segment, including:
- Current size of the reagents by subsegment
- Current size of the instrumentation markets by subsegment
- Number of units and tests by type
- Average cost per test by type
- Market share of the major reagent suppliers
- Number and types of labs in operation
- Installed base market share of the various instruments
- Growth rates and trends since 1999
The report also provides an overview of the Indian economy as a whole and the structure of the healthcare system in particular. In addition, profiles of 16 major international and 15 domestic manufacturers and 32 major distributors contain local contact information, local staff size, product offerings, and marketing and distribution representation relationships.
This study is the result of on-the-ground primary research by the well-known Seattle-based team of McEvoy & Farmer. Although the focus is on what is happening now, the report provides historical background from McEvoy & Farmer’s 10 years of studying IVD markets in Asia and particularly India and China.