Based on findings from Kalorama Information’s research study Facial Cosmetic Surgery and Rejuvenation Markets: Business, Technologies, and Competitive Intelligence (July 2004), this summary covers the top five surgeries and an “other” category. The top five procedures are:
- Breast augmentation/reduction
- Rytidectomy (face lifts)
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid lift)
- Rhinoplasty (nose job)
The analysis includes data on procedures and revenues for surgery but not market data for conventional surgical instruments and equipment. The “other” category includes such procedures as tummy tucks , buttocks implants, leg veins, fat injections, correcting cellulite, and others. High-level data for these procedures/modalities combined are presented as a benchmark. They are not segmented individually, nor is serious analysis provided for these sectors.
This summary provides the following information on the U.S. Market:
- Procedure volumes (2002, 2004, 2006)
- Revenues, reported as surgical fees (2002, 2004, 2006)
- Procedure pricing ranges (high, medium, and low)
- Growth rates for cosmetic surgery procedures as a whole (2002, 2004, 2006)
International (non-US) figures for revenues and procedures are reported in the aggregate only for cosmetic surgery as a whole for the years 2002, 2004, and 2006. Individual segment analysis of the international market is outside the scope of the current study.