It can be said that pharmaceutical companies face a ‘new era.’ in the coming years. Old strategies will not produce the same results. A wave of generic competition is poised to affect most brands. Drug companies have had to cut research budgets, leading to a dearth of new products on the market. This means there is very little margin for error in the pricing decision.
Drug pricing is one of the key levers that determine the profitability of a drug company. Premium pricing of a new drug helps cover the high cost of innovation and helps run a profitable enterprise. But the recent onslaught of generics, as well as shrinking government and corporate healthcare budgets, is threatening the time-tested models, leading to higher pricing pressures for pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the coming years. In this environment, executives in these companies and the consultants who service them need better information to make the most profitable decisions.
Kalorama Information’s Drug Pricing and Reimbursement Strategies: Preparing for the Coming Generic Onslaught provides considerable detail on the this all-important area of pharmaceutical marketing strategy. The guide describes pricing strategies for specific results, including:
- Gaining Market Share
- Defending Market Share
- Enhancing Brand Loyalty
- Gaining New Customers
- Improving Margins
- Utilizing Capacity
The result of exhaustive research into recent pricing trends as well as interviews with top pharmaceutical executives, the Guide provides executives in pricing decision capacities with critical information needed to arrive at the most effective strategy:
- Useful statistics detailing the Overall Pharmaceutical Pricing Environment, including Healthcare Expenditures, Pharmaceutical Expenditures and Drug Prices in Select Countries as well as Biopharmaceutical R&D Expenditures
- Updated Medicare Reimbursement Information for Parts A,B,C and D
- The Development phases in which it is most important to consider pricing
- Overview of U.S. Pharmaceutical Market (including Healthcare Spending, Promotional Spending, Average Co Payments, Generic Drug Trends, Single Source Brand Vs. AWP and more.)
- Pricing Strategies for the European Market
- Japanese Market Pricing and Reimbursement Strategies.
Drug pricing and reimbursement also differs widely across the globe due to the huge disparity in economic situations of various countries, and this global report addresses the pricing environments in:
Pricing and reimbursement will remain one of the most talked about industry issues going into the next decade. This report aims to provide a holistic view on pricing and reimbursement across the globe. This report enables executives to make proactive decisions and to craft their responses to the changing dynamics of the market.
License Note: Kalorama Information’s listed default price on its information products reflects a single user license only. Purchasing a global site license (entire company) permits multiple individuals in the company to benefit from this resource.