This report provides the reader with an overview of the medical beds and medical chairs industry and the trends driving growth. Medical beds include all hospital types of beds including mattresses and overlays.
The term medical chairs can refer to many different types of chairs including ENT chairs, examination chairs, blood drawing chairs, cardiac chairs, dialysis chairs, ophthalmic chairs, surgery chairs and many more. For the purposes of this report, only rehabilitation chairs and wheelchairs are considered in the market coverage.
Included in the report are:
- Key statistics including incidence of diseases, demographics; life expectancy
- Company profiles and key company strategies
- Market size and forecast
- Breakdown of acute, long term care and home care bed market
- Breakdown of electric and manual/hydraulic bed market
- Market share of major companies
- Issues, trends and new technologies
The information for this report was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary method of gathering information. For the purpose of this study, Kalorama Information conducted interviews with more than 20 key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report.
Additional interviews were completed with relevant company representatives including marketing directors, division managers, and product representatives.
The companies included in this report are:
- BaKare /Volker
- Columbia Medical
- Gaymar Industries, Inc
- Graham Field Health Products, Inc.
- Hard Manufacturing Co
- Invacare Corporation
- Joerns Healthcare
- Kinetic Concepts Inc (Therapeutic Support Systems)
- MC Healthcare Products, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- NOA Medical Industries
- Savion Advanced Patient Care
- Stryker Medical
- Sunrise Medical
- Tempur Pedic International, IncAll market data pertains to the world market at the manufacturers’ level. Revenues represent both sales of medical beds, mattresses and overlays and medical chairs and rentals of medical beds, mattresses and overlays and medical chairs. The base year for data was 2007. Historical data was provided for the years 2005 and 2006, with forecast data provided for 2008 through 2012. Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for the 2005-2007 and 2008-2012 periods for each region and/or segment covered. Competitive analysis is provided for the year 2007. The forecasted market analysis for 2008-2012 was largely based on demographic trends, new developments, company performance trends, merger and acquisitions, and national expansion.