The potential of molecular diagnostic tools was initially recognized by onco-hematologists during the 1980s based on the observation that specific chromosomal translocations may significantly aid the diagnosis of various types of leukemia and lymphoma. Later, the emergence of user-friendly molecular methods such as PCR has opened up practical applications that helped multiple approaches for cancer diagnosis and treatments. DNA sequencing is increasingly employed in cancer molecular diagnostics. PCR is the initial step used in isolating and amplifying specific regions of the genome, known as amplicons, before moving to sequencing of these regions, which are then compared with reference sequences to identify mutations.
This report contains market sizing and forecasts for this important area of molecular testing, including the following global market information:
- Global Molecular Cancer Diagnostics Market, 2019-2025 ($ millions)
- Molecular Cancer Diagnostics, Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT) Market Distribution, 2019 (%)
- Global Molecular Cancer Diagnostics Markets, By Region (2019-2025) ($, Million) (North America, Europe, APAC, RoW, Total)
- Global Molecular Cancer Diagnostics Markets, By Segment (2019-2025) ($, Million) (Molecular Histology; Molecular Assays, including CDx; Total. Molecular HPV)
- Global Molecular Cancer Diagnostics Markets, Estimated Distribution of Sales by Technology/Method (2020-2025) (%) (PCR, ISH, Arrays, NGS, Others)
Regional Market Data
The report also examines molecular cancer diagnostics markets by region, including data points for North America, Europe, APAC, and rest of world:
- North America Molecular Dx Market for Oncology – Histology, Assays, 2019-2025 ($ millions) (Molecular Histology; Molecular Assays, including CDx; Total. Molecular HPV)
- North America (United States, Canada) Molecular Dx Market for Oncology, 2020-2025 ($ millions)
- Europe Molecular Dx Market for Oncology – Histology, Assays, 2019-2025 ($ millions) (Molecular Histology; Molecular Assays, including CDx; Total. Molecular HPV)
- Europe (EU13, Eastern Europe, Russia, Switzerland) Molecular Dx Market for Oncology, 2020-2025 ($ millions)
- APAC Molecular Dx Market for Oncology – Histology, Assays, 2019-2025 ($ millions) (Molecular Histology; Molecular Assays, including CDx; Total. Molecular HPV)
- APAC (Japan, China) Molecular Dx Market for Oncology, 2020-2025 ($ millions)
Cancer diagnostics is a highly dynamic field that consists of various types of platforms. Molecular diagnostics platforms are increasingly becoming popular as they enable accurate diagnosis as well as prognosis evaluation, which is important for treatment decisions. Some of the key market trends in the molecular cancer diagnostics market are identified and analyzed in Molecular Cancer Diagnostics Market, such as next generation sequencing in cancer diagnostics and the role of molecular diagnostics in hereditary cancer diagnosis.
The report also provides analysis of leading market participants including:
- Estimated Molecular Cancer Test Revenues of Selected IVD Vendors, 2019 ($ millions)
- Estimated Molecular Cancer Test Market Value Distribution, 2019 (%)
Further, the report presents profiles of competitors in the market, including the following:
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Agendia BV
- ARUP Laboratories
- Asuragen Inc.
- bioMérieux Inc.
- BioReference Laboratories
- Biotheranostics, Inc.
- DiaSorin S.p.A
- Enzo Biochem Inc.
- Epigenomics AG
- Exact Sciences Corp.
- Exosome Diagnostics, Inc.
- Guardant Health, Inc.
- Helomics Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- LabCorp, Laboratory Corporation of America
- Mayo Medical Laboratories
- MDxHealth SA
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- NanoString Technologies, Inc.
- OPKO Health, Inc.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (PacBio)
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Roche Diagnostics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Trovagene, Inc.
- Veracyte, Inc.
Market Developments, Technology and Product Introduction
Molecular Cancer Diagnostics Market also reviews expected developments such as technology and product introduction. Expectations for molecular diagnostics in cancer include the introduction of more biofluid-based (e.g., blood, urine) samples and tests indicated for cancer detection and monitoring, though the current market remains largely composed of tissue-based tests, companion assays, and tests for the prognosis and diagnosis of specific cancer types. Some of the most significant developments in this field that may have an impact in shaping cancer diagnostics and treatment management are assessed throughout the report. The report includes statistical information for cancers by type on a global level.