Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Markets 2015 (Systems, Consumables, Services, Acquisitions, Agreements, Competitive Analysis, Platforms, Applications, Brand Ownership and Other Trends)
This report, Next-Generation Sequencing Markets (Systems, Consumables, Services, Acquisitions, Agreements, Competitive Analysis, Trends, Platforms, Applications, Brand Ownership) provides sizing and forecasts within this growing market.
The first sequencing-based clinical diagnostic tests have been cleared by the FDA, and more will follow. Some next generation sequencing competitors developing kits that can be produced and sold to clinical laboratories following the standard IVD model. Utilization of next generation sequencing in clinical laboratories and companies with CLIA-certified laboratories will continue to grow. Improvements in technology are needed in order to make sequencing-based diagnostic tests widely available and used by all physicians. There is a firm presence in the research market.
The report provides the world markets for next generation sequencing in U.S. dollars for 2014 to 2018. As part of its analysis, the following data points are provided.
DNA Sequencing Systems Market Size and Forecast
DNA Sequencing Consumables Market, Size and Forecast
DNA Sequencing Services Market, Size and Forecast
Sequencing Market – Geographical Distribution (US, Europe, Asia, ROW)
Market Share by Major Competitor
Brand Ownership by Platform
DNA Sequencing Market – Research versus Clinical Applications
The sequencing market includes capillary electrophoresis sequencing systems (based on the early Sanger sequencing method) and also the rapidly growing next generation sequencing market. The market estimate includes capillary and NGS systems, though the later is a focus. Market breakouts include both sequencing instruments and consumables.
Competition is a significant part of the shaping of this market and the report devotes considerable detail to competitive analysis. Companies are raising money and existing firms are expanding. Through 2015 there has been noticable investment activity in next generation sequencing companies and companies with products or services related to next generation sequencing. The report lists marketed products and details financials for over 100 companies that are involved in next generation sequencing including:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Qiagen N.V.
- QuantuMDx Group
- Quest Diagnostics
- RainDance Technologies, Inc.
- Response Genetics, Inc.
- SeqLL, LLC
- Sequenta, Inc.
- Mayo Medical Laboratories and Mayo Clinic
- MolecularMD Corporation
- Multiplicom NV
- DNA Electronics Ltd.
- DNASTAR, Inc.
- Innovations Exchange Pte Ltd (INEX)
- iGene™ Diagnostics Pte Ltd (an INEX Company)
- Insight Genetics, Inc.
- InSilixa, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Intelligent Bio-Systems, Inc. (A QIAGEN Company)
- Invivoscribe Technologies, Inc.
- iRepertoire, Inc.
- Knome Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp)
- LaserGen, Inc.
- LifeCodexx AG (Subsidiary of GATC Biotech AG)
- Life Technologies Corporation (Acquired by Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc.)Eurofins Genomics
- Eurofins MWG Operon Inc. (A Eurofins Genomics Company)
- Expression Analysis, Inc. (A Quintiles Company)
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- GATC Biotech AG
- Gene by Gene, Ltd.
- Genection, Inc. (An Invivoscribe Company)
- GeneInsight, Inc.
- GENEWIZ Inc.
- 10X Genomics
- 23andMe, Inc.
- Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation
- Admera Health (A GENEWIZ Company)
- Advanced Biological Laboratories, S.A.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- AltheaDx Diagnostics, Inc.
- Ambry Genetics Corp.
- Aperiomics, Inc.
- Appistry, Inc.
- Asuragen, Inc.
- Athena Diagnostics, Inc. (A Quest Diagnostics Business)
- Base4 Innovation Ltd.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. (Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
- Bina Technologies, Inc. (Acquired by Roche)
- BioDiscovery, Inc.
- Bioinnovation Solutions SA
- Biomatters Ltd.
- bioMérieux SA
- bioTheranostics (A bioMérieux Company)
- Cancer Genetics, Inc.
- CareDx, Inc.
- Caris Life Sciences
- Genia Technologies, Inc. (Acquired by Roche)
- GenoLogics Life Sciences Software
- Genomic Diagnostics Technologies
- Genoptix (A Novartis Company)
- GigaGen, Inc.
- GnuBIO, Inc. (Acquired by Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.)
- Good Start Genetics, Inc.
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics
- Human Longevity, Inc.
- Igenbio, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Vela Diagnostics
- WaferGen Biosystems, Inc.
- and many other companies…
The information presented in this report is derived from public and private sources company reports and exclusive databases, as well as company announcements, government releases and databases, medical organization journals. The analysis is based on the author’s industry knowledge combined with secondary information and interviews with industry professionals and experts.