SMOKING CESSATION IS AN increasingly important area of focus for pharmaceutical companies, healthcare entities and governments. There are 1.4 billion smokers in the world, and smoking is a known cause of heart disease, lung cancer, respiratory infections and many other diseases. This has created a large market for smoking cessation aids.
The market, which Zyban currently holds a tenuous lock on, is about to change, with a major new brand ready to shake up the current market share. At the same time, the high incidence of smoking and strong public-sector motivation to reduce smoking signals room for new entrants.
The market for treatments for alcohol and drug abuse, now dominated by Subutex and Campral, will also see growth and a robust line of new products.
Kalorama’s Smoking Cessation and Addiction Treatments: A World Market Analysis covers the market for pharmaceuticals that assist with smoking cessation and addiction treatment.
Using information gathered for Kalorama’s larger report on Psychotherapeutics: the World Market and interviews with psychotherapeutic industry insiders therein, this report takes a more detailed look at the combined market for both smoking cessation and alcohol/drug addiction treatments. The report includes:
- Round-up of current products available.
- Market share of major players and brands.
- Forecasted revenues to 2010.
- Forecasted Market Share with consideration of new players.
- Current revenues for 2005.
- World incidence data for Nicotine Addiction, Drug Addiction and Alcohol Abuse.
- Reviews of new products in the pipeline.
- Key trends driving pharmaceutical treatments for smoking cessation and drug addiction.
Product managers, business development executives, marketing managers, as well as executives in financial and advertising companies, are among those who will find this report a useful resource.