Smoking cessation is among the most dynamic pharmaceutical markets, and one that is expected to grow despite economic conditions. More than 5 million deaths are attributed to nicotine each year. This has encouraged public health entities to pursue smoking cessation, and has driven development of smoking cessation products, both prescription and over the counter. The arrival of Chantix/Champix and its unique marketing strategy and a robust pipeline bodes well for growth in this pharmaceutical segment.
This report, Smoking Cessation: World Markets takes a thorough look at the products, key players, and important trends in smoking cessation.
The specific segments outlined in the worldwide smoking cessation market include Prescription Drugs as well as OTC.
As part of its coverage of the current market for smoking cessation, this report includes:
- Reviews of Products in the Marketplace
- Market Estimates and Projections
- World Population and Smoker Population
- Health Statistics Related to Smoking
- Issues and Trends
A truly global report, each market chapter provides an overview of products in the segment, market estimates and forecasts, and competitor analysis for US, Europe and the Rest of World.
Issues and trends explored in this study include:
- Tobacco Use
- Cigar Smoking
- Life Expectancy
- Cancer Statistics
- Economic Trends
- Smoking BansLeading Competitors
Only a handful of companies are involved in the worldwide smoking cessation market. Even fewer hold significant market positions. The top competitors identified and discussed in the smoking cessation market include:
- McNeil Consumer
- Perrigo Company
- The information for this report was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary method of gathering information. For the purpose of this study, Kalorama Information conducted interviews with more than 20 key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue and market share data presented in this report. Additional interviews were completed with relevant company representatives including marketing directors, division managers, and product representatives.
All market data pertains to the world market at the manufacturers’ level. The base year for data was 2007. Historical data was provided for the years 2005 and 2006, with forecast data provided for 2008 through 2012. Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for the 2005-2007 and 2008-2012 periods for each region and/or segment covered. The forecasted market analysis for 2008-2012 was largely based on demographic trends, new developments, and global expansion.