The market for clinical lab services is dynamic. It is estimated that approximately 80% of physician’s diagnoses are a result of laboratory tests, and a fair number of these tests are sent to clinical lab service providers. There is constant pressure to reduce healthcare spending, and that in turn is shifting healthcare utilization in favor of the laboratory. This has not escaped the attention of major competitors who operate in the industry, and those planning to enter.
Clinical Laboratory Services (Markets, Growth Opportunities, Competitive Analysis and Competitor Profiles), provides an in-depth market overview, a total market analysis, analysis by laboratory type, and by routine and specialty testing and a review of the latest trends driving growth. Revenues and forecasts, segment breakouts and market share presented are for the U.S. market, but international clinical lab service markets are estimated and forecasted in this report.
Key market data provided includes:
- Hospital, Physician and Independent Lab Statistics
- Major Tests Performed by Clinical Lab Companies
- Disease Incidence and Trends Driving Lab Business
- Market Forecast to 2018
- Geographic Breakout of Clinical Lab Services Market (includes US, Europe Asia with specific breakouts for Germany, Japan, China, India and Brazil)
- Market Breakdown by Lab Type (Hospital, Physician, Independent)
- Market Breakdown by Test Type (Specialty, Routine)
- US Market Share of Competitors
- Competitive Analysis of Leading clinical Lab Providers
A trend towards preventive and risk factor testing has been noted in several disciplines, particularly in the areas of oncology, endocrinology, and gynecology. Physicians in these areas are taking full advantage of testing for early detection and disease prevention. Some of the other issues and trends explored in this study include:
- U.S. Demographics
- Types of Specialty Tests
- Growing Competition
- Increasing Life Expectancy
- Growing Incidence of Disease
- New Product Offerings
- Regulatory Environment
- Insurance and Reimbursement
- Payer Types
- Developments in Personalized Medicine
A competitive analysis of leading clinical laboratory providers includes:
- Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp)
- Genomic Health
- Genoptix, Inc.
- Genzyme Corporation
- Clarient, Inc.
- Spectra Laboratories
- Bio-Reference Laboratories
The information in this report is the result of interviews with executives and market experts, as well as thorough research of secondary sources such as company literature, trade publications and medical and business journals. The emphasis Kalorama puts on primary research guarantees that new insights will be uncovered that are not available from any other source. The most important part of Kalorama’s efforts is its superior analysis of company activities and their true significance in the marketplace.
Historical data was provided for the years 2008- 2012, with forecast data provided for 2013 through 2017. A competitive analysis is provided for the year 2013. The forecasted market analysis for 2013-2017 was largely based on demographic trends, new developments, company performance trends, mergers and acquisitions, and national expansion.