To succeed in the diagnostics market of the 21st Century, a company has to have either a strong niche position in a particular market segment or be a jack of all trades. In either case, a full or comprehensive menu is critical. Why reinvent the wheel? Most tests and systems are already available somewhere, offered by reputable companies with a strong R&D background. This report is designed to provide a window on IVD market and product opportunities available outside North America. It features companies and their products that market almost exclusively outside of North America, but also includes selected U.S. and Canadian companies that market their products abroad.
The report provides an overview of the product offerings of some 200 companies presented in tabular format. The majority of these companies focus on immunoassays, in particular those for rheumatoid conditions, autoimmune diseases, endocrinology and esoteric markers for a variety of oncologic and chronic diseases. Companies offering these products and who are involved in the faster growing IVD segments such as automated urinalysis, glucose testing and rapid test systems are highlighted in the report sections covering those product areas. More detailed company information is provided in company profiles of marketers of novel tests, technologies and devices.
The industry is segmented into the following major categories:
- Rapid immunoassays – infectious diseases, pregnancy, H. pylori, etc.
- Chemistries lab and rapid – cardiac markers, coagulation, gases, electrolytes etc
- Glucose monitoring systems
- Urinalysis strips and reader
- Immunochemistry reagents and test systems
- Hematology reagents and test systems
- Coagulation reagents and test systems
- Blood banking reagents
- Microbiology/virology tests and reagents
- Histology/cytology stains, HPV tests, etc.
- Molecular tests, chips, arrays, reagents
- OEM reagent and instrument manufacturers
The detailed appendices for this report, which include name, product segments and contact information for over 200 non-U.S. manufacturers, will be delivered in Microsoft Excel format via email upon purchase to ensure easy searching and sorting.