This Kalorama Information report, Companion Diagnostics Markets (A Realistic Assessment of the Opportunities, Challenges, Key Players and Important Trends in Personalized Medicine) is truly a real-world guide to the potential market for companion diagnostics.
Essentially the co-development of testing products to enhance the value and efficacy of a therapeutic, companion diagnostics is widely seen as an important growth strategy in both the diagnostic and pharmaceutical industries. It is envisioned as a pathway to personalized medicine, where the right therapeutic is selected for the right patient. Personalized medicine is one of the key trends in healthcare, and it’s no surprise that there is great enthusiasm in many quarters of the in vitro industry, pharmaceutical companies and the investment community about companion diagnostics. But will the concept work in the fashion that the industry is envisioning? Who will succeed and with what strategy? How much can companies expect to earn in this field? What strategies should companies adopt to thrive in this market?
In this report, Kalorama Information analyst Kenneth Krul, PhD. brings a real-world view to the concept of companion diagnostics and the likely scenario given market conditions. He addresses the myriad challenges that diagnostic and pharmaceutical companies will face in this endeavor. He outlines strategies that will be more successful. His analysis includes:
• A Complete Explanation of Companion Diagnostics
• Realistic Market Forecasts for the Companion Diagnostics to 2018
• A Glossary of Terms Used in this Industry
• Review of Collaborations Between Pharma and Diagnostic Companies
• Possible Pitfalls the Companion Diagnostic Concept will Face.
• Companies Best Poised to Profit From This Market
• 10 Strategic Conclusions about the Market and Implications for Marketers
• The Key Therapeutic Areas Where Companion Diagnostics Could Succeed.
• The Best Approaches for Companion Diagnostics Marketing
As with all Kalorama Information reports, this report is the result of analysis from a professional in the industry combined with thorough research and interviews with experts. Our interview-based methodology uncovers insight about market not possible from reports based on culled information.
The following companies and their efforts in companion diagnostics are profiled in this report:
• Abbott Diagnostics
• Affymetrix, Inc
• Agilent Technologies, Inc
• Althea Technologies, Inc
• Curidium Medica plc
• Gen Probe
• Genzyme Corporation
• Ipsogen SAS
• Lipomics Technologies, Inc.
• Osmetech plc
• Perlegen Sciences
• Provista Life Sciences
• Qiagen NV
• Singulex, Inc.
• Theranostics Health
• Ventana Medical Systems