Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic demyelinating CNS disease that causes significant disability in young adults and others. Worldwide, millions of people are affected by multiple sclerosis. Although there is no cure, approved treatments are available to slow the progression of MS and offer improved quality of life.
Kalorama Information’s: Multiple Sclerosis Treatments: World Market Outlook to 2011 is one of the few publications to take a detailed look at multiple sclerosis treatment market worldwide, as well as treatments that will be available in the future. The market for these treatments has continued at double-digit growth rates, and this is expected in the near term. This report includes:
- A Complete Description of MS, its Causes and Symptoms
- Complete Incidence and Prevalence Statistics For U.S. and Worldwide.
- Triggers and Risk Factors of MS.
- Review of Multiple Sclerosis Treatments on the Market
- Market Size and Forecasts For Treatments to 2011.
- Issues and Trendsfacing MS treatment
- New Multiple Sclerosis Treatments in the pipeline.Kalorama Information’s study focuses on the following four treatments:
- Additionally, the report includes products which contribute a smaller amount of sales
such as Novantrone. Revenues are included for currently marketed products for each of
the major pharmaceutical markets – United States, Europe, and Japan. Late stage
development projects are discussed in detail with forecasts for potential revenues and
anticipated approval dates. Revenues for each segment were generated using dollar and
unit sales for each product.Issues and trends that are critical for the future of MS treatment are discussed in the report:
- Medicare and Health Insurance Issues
- NIH Multiple Sclerosis Funding Reduction
- Stem Cell Controversy and MS
- Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act and MS
- Par-3 Discovery
- Cyclophilin D Regulation
- Women and MS
- Pregnancy and MS
- Alternative Therapies in MS
- MS and Diabetes
- As part of Kalorama’s trusted information -gathering process, intensive research into company, trade and medical literature was supplemented by interviews with experts in the multiple sclerosis treatment industry. Interviews make up the source of forecast and market size figures.The company profiles in this report display the diversity of products and strategies that are being explored in the multiple sclerosis market. These data were obtained from collateral material provided by the company profiled and/or through interviews with company officials. Competitors are primarily comprised of large pharmaceutical companies and biotech leaders such as Bayer Schering Pharma and Biogen IDEC. Company profiles included are:
- Bayer Schering Pharma AG
- Biogen IDEC
- Novartis AG
- Merck Serono S.A.