Abundant opportunities are available for electronics and advanced systems companies who enter the outsourcing medical device manufacturing market; but the market is competitive and information has been hard to obtain. Contract Manufacturers(CMs) are finding opportunities with managers located at the corporate headquarters or main manufacturing/assembly operations as they take a hard look at costs and seek outsourcing for cost efficiency.
Kalorama’s OEM Contract Manufacturing in Medical Devices Series presents a total study of market for outsourcing in medical devices. It features an exhaustive three-way market segmentation: It looks at the OEM market revenues by therapeutic area, as well as by segment of device manufacturing. And it also includes revenues by the general device classifications (commodity/non-commodity). This allows those looking at this growing market to get a complete picture of the OEM market.
In Vol. II, Electronics and Advanced Systems , markets are analyzed by the following therapeutic areas:
- General Surgery
- I.V. Diagnostics
and the following electronics sectors:
- Network and Communication Equipment
- Optical Components and Optics
- Data Acquisition and Signal Conditioning
- Electrical and Electronic Components
- Sensors Transducers and Detectors
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Imaging and Video Equipment
- Industrial Medical Software
- Industrial Computers and Embedded Systems
Revenues are also provided for the following general classification of medical devices:
For each segment, this Kalorama Information study gives current size data and forecasts to 2011, with compound annual growth rates provided for the 2006 to 2011 market period. In addition this exhaustive market analysis, Kalorama Information study reviews Original Equipment Manufacturing Companies (OEMs), and their key capabilities and products, provides an overview of the general medical device market which builds the foundation for O.E.M. potential, and looks at issues and trends in O.E.M. for device manufacturing.
A truly worldwide study, current revenues and forecasts in all therapeutic areas and material processing sectors are provided for U.S., European, Asian, ROW and Global markets.
The following companies are profiled in this report
- Avail Medical Products Incorporated
- Merit Medical Systems Incorporated
- Memry Incorporated
- TFX Medical Incorporated
- PEC – Polymer Engineering Co.
- B. Braun O.E.M. Division of B. Braun Medical Incorporated
- 3M Health Care
- MRI Medical Incorporated
- ATP Engineered Rubber & Plastics Group Incorporated
- Advanced Polymers Incorporated
- Creganna Medical Devices
- Oberg Industries Inc
- Dupont Medical Packaging
- Gems Sensors & Controls Inc (Parent Company Danaher Corporation)
- JENOPTIK AG
- Medtech Group Inc
- Smiths Medical plc
- Symmetry Medical Inc
- Synovis International Solutions, Incorporated
- TOLAS Healthcare Packaging Incorporated
The following titles will complete the series:
- Vol. I: Materials Processing
- Vol. III: Finished Clinical Products.