The appearance of in-store health clinics is a significant trend for pharmaceutical and POC diagnostic market watchers, as well as for those in retail. When last Kalorama published the first syndicated market research study on the emerging trend of in-store clinics in 2007, retail clinics were a novel trend. Now, with a few years of activity, they are established in food, drug, mass merchandizing and other stores, with both successes and failures. There is growth in some projects, scalebacks in others. Kalorama has analyzed these developments and returned to examine the state of the market in 2009.
In this market research report, Kalorama outlines many of the factors that will determine the future of the retail clinic concept:
- Overview of Successes and Failures in this Market
- What Consumers Think About Retail Clinics
- Statistics on the Current Number of Clinics in the U.S.
- Projections for Future Growth of Clinics
- Markets for Vaccines to Retail Clinics
- Markets for POC Diagnostic Products to Retail clinics
- Calculations of the Indirect Revenue that retail clinics can add to Store Income.
- Types of Stores (Food Store, Drug Store, Mass Merchandize or box store, Other) that will most benefit from retail clinics
- How the 2009 economy will shape the retail clinic market
- Other Trends That will Impact this Market
- Company Profiles of Major Retail Clinic Companies
Information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports, catalogs, materials and public filings; government documents; trade journals; newspapers and business press; analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with company representatives were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis.
Dollar figures represent the U.S. market and are expressed in current dollars. Sales estimates are provided for the historic 2003 to 2008 period and forecasts are provided through 2013. The size of each market segment refers to manufacturers’ revenues.