Blood: The Worldwide Market for Blood Products, Blood Testing, Blood Equipment, and Synthetic Blood Products
Human blood, synthetic equivalents, enhancements and products for the collection and testing of blood are significant markets within the overall healthcare market. This Kalorama Information report, Blood: The Worldwide Market for Blood Products, Blood Testing, Blood Equipment, and Synthetic Blood Products offers a thorough look at important market categories in blood products, diagnostics and collection devices.
Testing is an important component of the products in this report. Although the blood supplies in the developed nations are, to a very high degree, free of infectives, there’s always danger of infections from transfusions. As supplies contain human blood, achieving 100% virus eradication is unlikely. Nonetheless, blood safety is relatively high, due to the widespread usage of blood testing. As of 2014, the main residual risk is due to hepatitis B virus – ranging from 10 in Spain to 1.6 per million donations in France and Germany.
Testing markets covered include:
- Blood Banking and Plasmapheresis Testing
- Blood Typing
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing
- West Nile Virus Testing
- Hepatitis A Virus Testing
- Hepatitis B Virus Testing
- Hepatitis C Virus Testing
- Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus Testing
Other Products and Products Being Developed
The report also provides discussions of the key trends, as well as the regulatory, business, and clinical challenges facing the various sectors.
The enlarging older populations, especially in the Western and Developed nations are increasing demand for blood products and components.
The cost changes from nation to nationand region to region, with even nearby centers often charging different prices, with variety between prices over time and distance.
Blood products discussed include:
- Synthetic HBOC and PFC Agents
- Recombinant Factors
- Red Blood Cells (RBCs)
- Other Plasma Products
The report profiles key companies in the industry, including:
- Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
- HAEMONETICS, INC.
- HUALAN BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING
- Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products Nordisk
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Octapharma AG
- OPK BioTech
- ORTHO CLINICAL DIAGNOSTICS
- Oxygen Biotherapeutics
- Abbott Laboratories
- Akers Biosciences
- America’s Blood Centers
- American Red Cross
- Baxter International
- Bayer AG
- ProMetic Biosciences
- Reliance Life Sciences
- Ronsen Pharma
- Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Co., Ltd.
- Shire plc
- Sichuan Yuanda Shuyang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Sinosource Biopharmaceutical, Inc.
- Terumo BCT
- Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- BDI Pharma
- Beckman Coulter
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products, Ltd.
- Bharat Serums and Vaccines Ltd.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Biotest Pharmaceuticals
- BioTime Inc.
- CHINA BIOLOGIC
- CSL BEHRING
- Emergent Biosolutions
- Ethicon Biosurgery
- Fenwal/Fresenius Kabi
- Gen-Probe Inc./Hologic