The gastrointestinal endoscopy market is a market on the rise. With continually advancing technologies available and world population increasing every year, the gastrointestinal endoscopy market.
Market Driven by Aging Population, Growth in GI Disease Cases
Growth in this market encompasses many areas with surgery being the majority of the increase. Cancer is one of leading reasons for surgery with more than 1 million new cases of colon/rectum cancer reported each year around the world.
Obesity is another reason for growth. More and more people worldwide are turning to gastric bypass (bariatric surgery) and gastric banding to aide in their weight loss, thus increasing the need for gastrointestinal endoscopy. These exploratory procedures are done both pre-operatively and post- operatively to identify possible risks during these bariatric procedures. Many of these surgeries are done laparoscopically, which is also a form of endoscopy.
Treatment Transformed by New Technologies
Newer technologies such as the advent of robotics in endoscopy have also increased this market. These miniaturized in-vivo robots assist by performing several surgical functions such as visualization but are not attached to or constrained by laparoscopic tool lever arms. Using robotic cameras inside the body simplifies port and tool placement.
A Comprehensive Analysis of the Market
Kalorama’s World Market for Gastrointestinal Equipment covers the market for this important device market. This report includes:
- Market Forecasts for Gastrointestinal Equipment
- Product Analysis
- Discussion of Key Issue and Trends
- Statistics on Incidence of Gallstones by Age and Sex
- Statistics on Incidence of Colon Conditions by Age and Sex
- Statistics on Incidence of Hemorrhoids by Age and Sex
- Statistics on Incidence of Ulcers by Age and Sex
- Statistics on Alcohol Consumption in the United States
- Information on Bariatric Surgery Reimbursement, Upper GI/Colonoscopy Reimbursement
- Profiles of Leading Instrument and Equipment Suppliers
Knowing the competitors operating in any device market is crucial to understanding the opportunities. Kalorama has analyzed the key companies in the GI space. Coverage the following companies is included:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Conmed Corporation
- Covidien Ltd.
- Given Imaging, Ltd.
- Given Imaging, Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon Endo-Surgery)
- Karl Storz GmbH & Co KG
- Olympus Corporation
- Stryker Corporation
As with all Kalorama reports, research into annual reports, government databases and medical journals was enhanced by a primary research effort involving interviews with market experts and executives to obtain important insights, confirm trends and market forecasts.