In vitro diagnostic (IVD) test volumes are the gold standard for sizing the market opportunity for new entrants with diagnostic products, and they can be useful for existing product marketers. The market analysis in Kalorama Information’s In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Procedure Volumes (Chemistry, Immunoassays, Hematology, Microbiology, Histology, Point of Care), 2023-2028 saves time with calculations and estimates of both the existing number of procedures for scores of diagnostic tests and the future potential. In the process, pricing analysis is also performed.
This report is an essential resource for the IVD business planner. It is intended to serve as a companion piece to Kalorama’s major IVD publication (i.e., The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests, 16th Edition).
Kalorama’s IVD procedures report presents projections covering the 2023 to 2028 period for:
- the global number of IVD procedures by type (self and professional point-of-care, clinical chemistry, immunoassay, molecular, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, blood banking, and histology/cytology)
- the total number of IVD tests by region and selected countries
- the average and total worldwide cost of various IVD tests
The report estimates IVD test procedure volume and IVD pricing for the following segments:
- Worldwide IVD Market and Test Volume
- Point-of-Care (POC) Market and Test Volume
- Clinical Chemistry Market and Test Volume
- Molecular Market and Test Volume
- Laboratory-based Hematology Market and Test Volume
- Coagulation Market and Test Volume
- Microbiology Market and Test Volume
- Blood Banking Market and Test Volume
- COVID-19 Market and Test Volume
- Histology/Cytology Market and Test Volume
- Immunoassay Market and Test Volume
Global IVD markets covered in the report include:
- North America:
- United States
- Mexico, Central & South America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Other Countries & Territories
- Middle East
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Procedure Volumes, 2023-2028 includes profiles of the top IVD market competitors, looking in detail where possible at procedural volume by type. The companies covered are the following:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Agilent Technologies
- Beckman Coulter
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- bioMérieux Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Danaher Corporation
- Exact Sciences
- Hologic, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sysmex Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Ventana Medical Systems
Data statistics appearing in this report correlate to IVD procedures based on commercially sold and distributed tests. Procedures that employ laboratory developed tests (LDTs) and tests implemented for research purposes only are excluded from the analysis.
Global volumes of various IVD procedures are presented in millions and reflect the evaluation of a single analyte, marker, or other variable of interest. It should be noted that some IVD tests involve more than one procedure as they provide for the analysis of multiple analytes.
Global sales of IVD products are expressed in current United States dollars and reflect sales for the year 2023 and forecasts for the 2028 period. A table that measures the total amount of IVD product sales against the total volume of IVD procedures is presented for each major testing category.