Retail Clinics Market Overview and 2014 Survey Results
Retail clinics are medical settings located in a retail store. They are not free standing and do not offer all medical services. Yet they provide an option for busy Americans seeking a convenient option for basic healthcare needs such as vaccinations or cold remedies. Kalorama Information has published several studies on retail clinics since 2007. Over the past few years, we have analyzed the economic performance of stores and opportunities for suppliers.
This report, Retail Clinics: Market Overview and 2014 Consumer Survey Results provides an overview of the retail clinic market in 2014 with the following data:
- Number of Retail Clinics 2012-2014
- Clinic Location Breakout by Brand
- Market for Retail Clinics 2012-2018
The report is enhanced by a survey of retail clinic customers which provides insights into the marketplace for and future of the retail clinic concept. In this report, Kalorama Information survey’s those consumers who use retail clinics or who may consider using a clinic. Kalorama Information conducted an online panel of 2,000 U.S. Adults, age 18 and over Jan 2nd to Feb 20, 2014 querying on a variety of topics: Have they used a retail clinic? If so, were they satisfied? If not, would they consider using one? We also asked a few questions related to their usage of other products and stores to offer clues for those locating retail clinics. The sample composition was representative of the national population by gender, age bracket, geographic region, race/ethnicity, household income bracket, and presence of children in the household. The report provides retail clinic industry, investors and suppliers with the following information and more:
- How likely are Americans to have used a retail clinic?
- How has this usage changed since 2013?
- What condition did retail clinic visitors seek treatment for?
- Are adults or children using these clinics?
- What are the demographics of those who use a retail clinic?
- Would those who haven’t used a retail clinic consider it?
- What type of people should the retail clinic industry target?
The report confirms some expectations about retail clinics, but also confounds some of the common assertions about retail clinic customers, and provides a basis for industry-watchers to conduct business planning and develop a strategic marketing plan.