Retail clinics, also known as convenience clinics, represent a disruptive innovation into the U.S. health care market, which evolved from and is uniquely positioned to benefit from the health care system’s shortcomings.
These clinics present a new opportunity for retail outlets to earn more revenue from rents and ‘indirect’ revenues from sales to the retail store as a result of a clinic visit. But there is also an opportunity for diagnostic and pharmaceutical companies to capitalize on this trend.
Kalorama Information’s Retail Clinics, The Emerging Market for Convenience Care and In-Store Healthcare is one of the first published market research reports to analyze this trend and present the opportunities available to suppliers of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, as well as opportunities for the retail locations who house these clinics. This report analyzes three different markets related to this emerging trend:
- The Market for Retail Clinic Services
- Markets for Pharmaceutical Companies and Diagnostic Companies Selling to Retail Clinics
- Increased Revenue to Retailers with Retail Clinics in-Store
As part of this coverage, the report details:
- Overview and Main Drivers for the Retail Clinic Trend
- The State of the U.S. Healthcare System
- The Role of Retail Clinics can Play in Offering Faster Treatment
- Basic Business Model of Retail Clinics
- Current Numbers of Retail Clinics and Locations
- Forecasted Growth of Clinics by Retail Clinic Company
- Review of Successful Retail Clinic Operations
- POC Test, Immunoassay and Vaccine Sales to Retail Clinics current and forecasted.
- Indirect Revenue Opportunities to Retail Outlets
- Issues and Trends affecting the long-term future of retail clinics
- Market Share of Suppliers to Retail Clinics
- Market Share of Retail Clinic Service Providers who set up and maintain clinics.
This report profiles the following companies, currently the most relevant to the emerging retail clinic market:
- Aurora Quick Care
- Early Solutions Clinic
- Minute Clinic
- My Healthy Access
- Quick Health
- Now Medical Centers
- SmartCare Family Medical Centers
- Take Care Health Systems
- Target Clinic Medical Associates
- The Little Clinic
As part of Kalorama Information’s trusted information gathering process, secondary research was conducted but in addition, interviews were conducted with retail clinic company executives, as well as retail executives and diagnostic and pharmaceutical company experts. Experts and secondary research were the source of forecasts.