The Market for Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) and Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs)
Circulating tumor cells (CTCs) have tremendous utility in cancer research, aiding researchers in deciphering the complex processes leading to cancer metastasis and in developing more effective cancer therapeutics. Besides the research applications, the detection and analysis of CTCs has enormous potential in the diagnosis and management of cancer, as current tools, such as tumor tissue biopsy or imaging technologies, have numerous limitations. Although their biology and characteristics are still not entirely elucidated, CTCs are believed to detach from primary or secondary tumors, enter the bloodstream, and travel to distant organs.
In The Market for Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) and Cancer Stem Cells (CSCs) analyst Adriana Rusu provides a detailed analysis of the potential opportunities for manufacturers of CTCs-based technologies, informing readers of the scientific basis of CTCs in an understandable fashion and constructing models of revenue opportunity based on several dimensions – application area, cancer type and region – that can assist with business planning efforts. The report provides data on the following:
- Industry Structure – Selected Competitors and Marketed Products, 2014
- CellSearch System (IVD Use) Analysis, 2015
- AdnaTest (IVD Use) Analysis, 2015
- Significant Trends in the CTCs Market, 2015
- Estimated Market Breakdown, 2014 (Research Segment, Diagnostics Segment)
- Estimated Market Breakdown by Type of Cancer, 2014
- Estimated Market Breakdown by Geographic Region, 2014
- Global Revenues and Forecast for the CTCs Market by Application, 2013-2015 and 2019
- Global Revenues for the CTCs Market by Geographic Region, 2013-2015 and 2019
The global market for technologies serving CTCs research and diagnostics is experiencing several notable trends that have a significant effect on its participants, as well as on the overall market growth. The report presents analysis of such trends, including:
- Increasing Incorporation of CTCs Technologies in Clinical Trials to Accelerate Market Growth
- The Quest for Personalized Medicine to Spur the Use of CTCs in Research & Development
- Increasing Development of CTC-based Diagnostics Tests to Augment Market Revenues
- Increasing Global Incidence of Cancer and Life Expectancy to Increase Testing Volumes
- The Impact of Clinical Utility on Adoption of CTCs Tests in Clinical Practice
- The Impact of New Technologies Approved by Regulatory Agencies on Market Growth
- The Impact of Insurance Coverage on Utilization and Market Revenues
The report also covers notable industry events such as:
- CTCs Enumeration by CellSearch Demonstrating Potential as an Efficacy-Response Surrogate
- The Menarini Group Acquisition of Silicon Biosystems
- Cynvenio Biosystems’ Launch of the ClearID Breast Cancer Monitoring Test
- Vitatex’s Licensing of Cell Adhesion Matrix Technology to Noble Life Sciences
- Janssen Diagnostics and Asuragen’s Introduction of NGS technology for CellSearch
The global market for CTC detection, isolation and analysis devices is a heterogeneous and competitive market, constantly driven by technological innovation and demand for improved technologies. The market includes numerous competitors with different capabilities. These numerous specialized or research-based companies also develop and commercialize products for the detection, isolation and analysis of CTCs, and contribute considerably to the technological advancements in this field. As part of its extensive coverage, the report profiles several competitors in the market. The following companies are profiled:
- Janssen Diagnostics
- AdnaGen AG (currently QIAGEN Hannover GmbH)
- Acousys Biodevices, Inc.
- Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc.
- ApoCell, Inc.
- BioCEP Ltd.
- Biocept, Inc.
- BioView Ltd.
- Clearbridge Biomedics Pte Ltd
- Creatv MicroTech, Inc.
- Cynvenio Biosystems
- CytoTrack ApS
- DeNovo Sciences Inc.
- Epic Sciences
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Fluxion Biosciences
- GILUPI GmbH
- iCellate Medical AB
- Ikonisys, Inc.
- IVDiagnostics, LLC
- Miltenyi Biotec GmbH
- On-chip Biotechnologies
- Oncolys Biopharma Inc.
- Parsortix/ANGLE plc
- QIAGEN N.V.
- RareCells Diagnostics
- RareCyte, Inc.
- Silicon Biosystems
- SRI Biosciences
- Vitatex Inc.
- Vortex Biosciences