The Worldwide Market for Bioreactors
The essential equipment needed for bioprocessing is the fermenter or bioreactor. Bioreactors are manufactured vessels or systems that support a biologically active environment, as cells require a very specific environment in which to grow. These bioreactors usually range in size from liters to cubic meters, and are often made of stainless steel for the large scale production of therapeutics. In the biopharmaceutical arena, smaller glass bioreactors usually are intended for research work and process development scale-up. Meanwhile, single use bioreactors, also known as disposable bioreactors, have been finding more extensive research and manufacturing use. Bioreactors can operate as batch, fed batch, or continuous stirred-tank reactor systems.
The Worldwide Market for Bioreactors analyzes the current and potential world markets for bioreactors used generally for research and preclinical development applications, and for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
The cost of production can take on a significant role in the pricing of a biologic. Often, the selection of a bioreactor is a critical manufacturing decision. Selection is often done on a case-by-case basis and depends on production requirements. The industry’s turn to single use bioreactors and related technology comes at a time when bioprocessors look to be flexible with production and to minimize costs. The report looks at significant trends in single use bioreactors.
This report offers market forecasts of future growth to 2019. Both single use and stainless steel bioreactor markets are analyzed, with worldwide and geographic forecasts, including the U.S., Europe, Asia, Latin America, and rest of world. The report takes an in-depth look at the market, providing data on the size and growth of the total market as well as of market segments:
- Single Use Bioreactor Market Share by Type of Molecule, 2014 (monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, gene therapy, recombinant proteins, stem cells, others)
- World Market for Bioreactors – Single Use Technology, 2014-2019
- World Market for Bioreactors – Single Use Technology, 2014-2019, by Geographic Segment
- World Market for Bioreactors – Single Use Technology, 2015, by Geographic Segment
- Percentage of Marketed Therapeutics by System, 2014
- Single Use Bioreactor Market Share by Vendor, 2014
- Single Use Bioreactor Usage by Process, 2014
- World Market for Bioreactors – Stainless Steel, 2014-2019
- World Market for Bioreactors – Stainless Steel, 2014-2019, by Geographic Segment
- World Market for Bioreactors – Stainless Steel, 2015, by Geographic Segment
The Worldwide Market for Bioreactors also reviews the nature and direction of research and trends, and gives insight into some issues facing the industry. The report profiles companies involved in developing and marketing these bioreactors, including:
- GE Healthcare
- Thermo Fisher
Market forecasts are based on an examination of current market conditions and on investigations into the development of new products by key companies. The market data are generated into multiple year forecasts for different product segments covered in the report. The information presented in this report is the result of data gathered from company product literature and other corporate brochures and documents, as well as information found in the scientific and trade press. In addition, interviews were conducted with company executives and researchers.