Vaccines are among the top revenue earners in recent years, and in some cases have assisted major pharmaceutical companies to revenue growth. But this is not without some trade-offs. Vaccines involve a complex production process. Is vaccine-making profitable? How much is the industry spending? How much is handed off to other companies and how much is made by the branded manufacturers? How many doses are produced by the industry? These are the type of questions that Kalorama Information has taken on in this report.
The considerable revenue growth in the vaccine market over the past ten years suggests the amount of vaccine production and the techniques of vaccine production will need to adapt to match a revived industry.
This report, Vaccine Production (Trends, Techniques, Key Players, Spending Estimates and Forecasts) examines the market for vaccine manufacturing and production technologies. The focus is on current production methods and new methods in development. While there may be some overlap for technologies in development, the emphasis of the report is process rather than product development. (Detailed product market segment forecast by disease for current vaccines are covered in Kalorama’s report “Vaccines 2011.” )
As part of its analysis of vaccine manufacturing, the report includes:
- Doses Produced: 2010-2015
- Estimates of Vaccine Production Spending
- Finished Vaccine Markets and Top Selling Categories
- Market Potential for Contract Vaccine Manufacturing
- Top Vaccine Companies Market Share
- Production Challenges for Categories of Vaccines
- Discussion of Cell, Insect and Plant Production
- Recent Influenza Production Trends
- Vaccine Approval Challenges
- Profiles of Major Vaccine Marketers
- Profiles of Major Contract Manufacturers
- Production Methods for Common Vaccines (Oral polio, Tetanus, Measles, Influenza, Diphtheria, Pertussis, BCG, Hep. B, Hib, MMR)
As part of Kalorama Information’s coverage, several profiles are included of vaccine manufacturers and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs). The following companies are profiled:
- GlaxoSmithKline Biopharmaceuticals
- Merck KgaA
- Pfizer-Pfizer CenterSource
- Novartis AG
- Baxter International
- Crucell (Johnson &Johnson)
- CSL Biotherapies
- MedImmune/Astra Zeneca
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnology
- Catalent Pharma Solutions
- DSM Pharmaceutical
- Cambrex (Lonza)
- IDT Biologika
- Charles River Biopharmaceutical Services (BPS)
Sales estimates for the vaccine market and for market segment represent global revenues and are expressed in current dollars. Spending also represents global spending and expressed in current dollars.
Information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports and filings, government documents, legal filings, trade journals, newspapers and business press, analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with company representatives and other experts were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis.
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price, which limits access to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that will be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.
For Kalorama’s take on the healthcare news of the week, based on our analysis of healthcare markets, follow Kalorama Information’s Key Point Blog at http://kaloramakeypoint.blogspot.com/