This report, The World Market for Gastrointestinal Devices, details the market for endoscopes and other devices used for treating gastrointestinal conditions. There are many factors behind the growth of this market. Cancer is one of leading reasons for surgery with more than 1 million new cases of colorectal cancer reported each year around the world. Obesity is another reason for growth. More and more people worldwide are turning to gastric bypass (bariatric surgery) and gastric banding to aide in their weight loss, thus increasing the need for gastrointestinal endoscopy.
Improved technology is another driver for the market. Newer technologies such as capsule endoscopy and other devices have also increased this market. These miniaturized in-vivo robots assist by performing several surgical functions such as visualization, but are not attached to or constrained by laparoscopic tool lever arms. Using robotic cameras inside the body simplifies port and tool placement.
Kalorama’s World Market for Gastrointestinal Equipment provides device marketers, manufacturers and investors with market sizes and forecasts for gastrointestinal devices, and equipment, including the following segments:
- Endoscopes (Rigid, Flexible)
- Capsule Endoscopes
- Bariatric Surgery Devices
- Ostomy Products
- Enteral Feeding Pumps
In addition the report provides the following important data to understanding the gastrointestinal device market:
- Regional Breakout of Market (US, Europe, Japan, ROW)
- Product Offerings of Major Vendors
- Market Share by Major Vendor
- Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
- Discussion of Key Industry Trends
- U.S. and Europe Procedure Volumes (Appendectomy, Bariatric Surgery, Cholecystectomy, Endoscopy, Intestine Transplant, Liver Transplant, Pancreas Transplant)
- Drivers of Conditions: Stress, Alchohol, Smoking and Caffeine Consumption.
- Information on Reimbursement of Bariatric Surgery, Upper GI/Colonoscopy, and Cholecystectomy
- Profiles of Leading Instrument and Equipment Suppliers
Knowing the competitors operating in any device market is crucial to understanding the opportunities. Kalorama has analyzed the key companies in the GI space. Coverage the following companies is included:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Conmed Corporation
- Covidien Ltd.
- Given Imaging, Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson (Ethicon Endo-Surgery)
- Karl Storz GmbH & Co KG
- Olympus Corporation
- Stryker Corporation
- Welch Allyn
In the development of this Kalorama report, research into corporate publications, annual reports, government databases and medical journals was enhanced by a primary research effort involving interviews with market experts and executives to obtain important insights, confirm trends and market forecasts.
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price, which limits access to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that will be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.
For Kalorama’s take on the healthcare news of the week, based on our analysis of healthcare markets, follow Kalorama Information’s Key Point Blog at http://kaloramakeypoint.blogspot.com/