Molecular diagnostics is becoming a dominant platform in clinical medicine and represents one of the fastest growing segments of the IVD market. As analyst Shara Rosen, R.T., MBA. details, in recent years years the number of assays introduced has been growing at a remarkable clip. This report, The World Market for Molecular Diagnostics (Infectious Disease, Oncology, Blood Screening, Pre-Natal and Other Areas) represents the fifth time that Kalorama has conducted a complete study into the market for molecular diagnostics.
The report not only contains current market data for business planning, it goes beyond the numbers to fully assess what is going on in the market and why. Since the last edition of this report, a lot has changed, and a lot has stayed the same. There is intense competition but also opportunities for entrants in some areas. As part of its coverage, the report includes the following:
- Over 800 Pages of Detailed Market Coverage
- Over 55 Tables Makes Market Analysis More Accessible
- Current Market Size and Forecast 2012-2017 for Several Molecular IVD Segments (Infectious Disease, Blood Screening, Histology, Oncology, Prenatal, Coagulation, Tissue Typing, Inherited Diseases, Pharmacodiagnostics and Other)
- Infectious Disease Molecular Sales by Disease (Hepatitis, HIV, GC/Chlamydia, HAI, Respiratory, Organism ID, Mycobacteria/TB, others)
- Over 200 Profiles of Molecular Diagnostic Competitors
- Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
- Revenues of Test Service Companies
- Geographic Breakout of the Molecular Diagnostics Market by Region (North America, Europe, China, Japan, ROW)
- Sample Prep Market, 2012 and 2017
- Breakout of Molecular Histology/Cytology Market (in situ hybridization, HPV, Tissue Microarrays), 2012 and 2017
More and more laboratories offer complex panels of tests that help physicians evaluate disease risk and make therapeutic decisions. Government and private healthcare payers have recognized the value of new molecular tools and have agreed to pay for them. A desire for better and faster test results, a preference for tests that are aimed at the patent, renewed interest in IVD in general and more particularly in molecular IVD has led to the commercialization of a number of technological tools that make more sensitive and specific tests possible. Some of these technological innovations include cost-effective, multiplexed testing platforms coupled with high-powered software capabilities. In addition analyses using saliva, urine, and blood instead of biopsied tissue make for more patient-friendly test systems.
- “IVD Leaders” – The top IVD companies participating in molecular diagnostics as well as dominating the rest of testing.
- “Molecular Diagnostics Leaders” -The top companies focused on molecular testing.
- “Molecular Diagnostics Participants”– Molecular diagnostic companies that are by now established in the market
- “Promising Companies”- Those companies that have potential with an innovative approach
- “Molecular Diagnostics Newcomers”– IVD Companies that have novel or interesting approaches to keep an eye on
- “Platform Innovators”– Companies that have developed new platform technologies
- “Information Technology Companies” – Molecular testing relies on strong information systems to handle data. These companies are in the forefront.
- “Sample Prep Leaders” – Companies focused on sample preparation for molecular diagnostics
- “Specialist Companies” – In various areas (microbiology, histology, blood banking, etc)
- Sequencing Hype and Reality: Innovations in DNA Sequencing, Key Players and its Future in Clinical Medicine
- Pharmacodiagnostics and Where it Stands in 2013
- The Latest Growth Numbers of LDTs, regulatory activity, and their impact on the Market
- IVD Directive Update
- Patent Issues
- Healthcare Reform, Accountable Care Organizations and Reimbursement Trends
- Improvements in Platforms
- Developments in ISH testing, Tissue Microarrays and Mass Spectroscopy
- Integrated Sample-to-Results Testing
Market size and forecasts in the report are for manufacturer’s revenues. Secondary and primary resources, including: trade publications, annual report and interviews with key executives in molecular diagnostics were used for this study.
All Kalorama reports advertise the single user price. Use is limited to one user. We also feature department and global pricing for reports that we be utilized by more than one user at your company. Please consult ask your sales representative or select the correct license on our website.