It’s estimated that cardiovascular diseases, including those of the blood vessels supplying the heart muscle and the brain, are the leading cause of death globally.
With the incidence of cardiovascular disease going through the roof, Kalorama Information’s report, World Market for Cardiac Markers (POC and Lab-Based), covers why cardiac markers are in huge demand and a constant subject of research for improvement.
Cardiac biomarkers are substances that are released into the bloodstream when the heart is damaged or stressed. In patients with chronic heart failure, measurement of these biomarkers is used to help risk stratify, to assess treatment options, and monitor progress.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
OVERVIEW OF THE MARKET
MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH FORECAST
A CHANGING MENU
- Ambulance Study
- COVID-19 and Cardiac Markers
- Notre Dame Team Developing Cardiac Biosensor
- Roche Gets Green Light for TGen5 Immunoassay
- Tosoh Gets Nod for 18 Minute BNP
- Siemens Healthineers AI-based COVID-19 Severity Algorithm
- Lower Limit Debate Continues
CHAPTER 2: MARKET ANALYSIS
- Table 2-1: Cardiac Marker Diagnostic Sales by Test Type, 2021-2026 (Lab-based, PoC-based) ($ millions)
- Figure 2-1: Cardiac Marker Testing Market by Segment ($M)
- Figure 2-2: Cardiac Marker Testing Market by Type and Total, Annual Change Over Time (% Change)
- Figure 2-3: Cardiac Marker Testing Market by Marker (% Share)
- Major Product Activity
- Table 2-2: Cardiac Marker Test Sales Distribution by Global Region, 2021 (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, RoW)
VENDOR MARKET SHARE
- Figure 2-4: Leading Vendors in the Cardiac Marker Segment, 2021 Market Share
RAPID CARDIAC MARKERS
LAB-BASED CARDIAC MARKER MARKET
D-DIMER REVENUE AND GROWTH
CHAPTER 3: TOP COMPANY BRIEFS
BECKMAN COULTER, INC. / DANAHER
SIEMENS HEALTHINEERS (SIEMENS)
- The Alere Triage Business
- Rapid Immunoassays
RADIOMETER A/S / DANAHER
RESPONSE BIOMEDICAL CORP
- Company Overview
BOSON BIOTECH CO.,
- Company Overview
CTK BIOTECH, INC.
DIAZYME LABORATORIES, INC.
OPKO HEALTH, INC
TRINITY BIOTECH PLC